We are in search of a junior copywriter with at least one to three years of agency experience and a portfolio of work. Our ideal candidate is a creative team player who knows how to voice their constructive opinion and has a keen appetite for insightful ideas along with an insatiable curiosity about, well, everything. We’re big on asking ‘why?’ here.
Working in a team covering multiple brands with a skew towards pharmaceuticals and lifestyle products, your purpose will be to ideate and execute, interpret briefs intelligently, generate copy ideas across channels, and execute them with clarity.
A heads up: you’re gonna be accountable for some stuff. We expect you to handle responsibility and deliver.
Key accountabilities include:
- Interpret account briefs and compose a variety of striking written content TTL.
- Producing original, clear and credible ideas/campaign messaging/TV/video/radio scripts/presentations.
- Providing well-thought-through solutions and communicating these internally, challenging the status quo.
- Participating in brainstorms and ideation activities to conceptualise campaigns and get the best possible work out of the team involved.
- Developing clear communication directions and bringing creative concepts to life through copy.
- Considering the use of mediums/channels to improve executions by offering added value.
- Clearly articulate concepts and written work.
- Updating and amending campaigns according to feedback.
- Quality checking all copy deliverables and ensuring the highest creative standards are met.
- Maintaining brand copy standards.
- Troubleshooting and interpreting communication solutions based on review and feedback from senior team members.
- A degree or diploma in copywriting or similar
- At least one to three years experience in a copywriting role
- Proficiency in the Google Suite, MacOSX and copy based software
- Creativity, and the ability to produce innovative and original ideas
- Excellent communication skills to successfully communicate and coordinate with team members
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with creative and digital processes and techniques
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to deliver on tasks proactively
Gorilla is an award-winning creative digital agency with offices in Johannesburg and Durban. Our mission is to put work out into the world that makes our clients and their customers say “That’s f*cking awesome!” Success in our mission demands a diverse group of creatives who are talented, collaborative, insightful, accountable and pretty awesome themselves.
Are you the copywriter we’re looking for?