MID-LEVEL SOCIAL MANAGER (Jhb or Dbn)
Have a passion for people and communities? Love to engage, talk a lot, write and get your hands dirty? Then we want you! We’re looking for a new team member to manage the social media accounts of our clients and to create content and write copy.
You’re the voice of our clients
We need a hard worker who is passionate about what we do and loves being a part of a fun and driven team. If you’re amped about social and understand that the world is made up of #hashtags and trends, love the thought of big ideas that ‘break the internet’ while staying on target, we’d like to speak to you.
Championing the community and brand, feeding opinion and insight into any creative session to ensure output is on-target. Writing copy for your brands, sharing in the joy and excitement with your communities.
Head of Social Media.
The sort of person we want is
- Creative – Community management and copywriting require imagination. There is no manual or black-and-white answer.
- Inquisitive – This environment is a never-ending learning curve. If you aren’t finding out new stuff you’re getting left behind.
- Team Player – Step in and get involved when a teammate needs help. Willing to work as part of a team and open to new approaches.
- Driven – Task-driven, ability to manage and meet deadlines.
- Analytical – Understand and use tools that enable understanding of the efficacy and impact of our work. Brand work should be informed by the performance of the work preceding it.
- Passionate – This isn’t a job, it’s a career. We need someone looking to leave their mark on the world and ready to carve a path for themselves in our agency.
- Proactive – Looking out for what’s new. Step beyond the confines of what we’re doing and look at what we’re going to do.
- Digital & Social Copywriting – Research, understand and create timely and engaging copy for your clients that is on-brand and in line with objectives and platforms for social and digital.
- Community Management – Ensure our brands’ communities are routinely and continually up to date, without a static or congested flow in either direction in terms of moderation, response, engagement, interaction and posting.
- Content Strategy – Developing content strategies for your brand, by understanding the digital and social platforms, and what content works where for your audience.
- Insights and analytics – Noting and evaluating performance and using it for feedback to the rest of your team, with input on how to improve work.
- Brainstorming – Participation in creative sessions focused on solving problems and sharing ideas. Assisting your team with new digital and social developments (in conjunction with the Head of Social).
- At least 3 years of experience in an agency environment.
- A Degree or a Diploma in Marketing, Copywriting, Public Relations, Brand Strategy or Journalism.
- Outstanding English copy editing, proofreading and copywriting skills.
- Must have an extremely good eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
If you’re into it, send your CV, cover letter & portfolio to IWannaWork@GorillaCreativeMedia.com with the subject line “Mid-Level Social Manager Application”.
We try to answer every one, but we get a LOT of applicants, so if you don’t hear from us, apologies, please assume your application is unsuccessful.