Mid-Senior Art Director (Jozi)
We are looking for an experienced Art Director with a proven track record of awesome work, a self-starter mindset and at least five years’ agency experience TTL and in digital, to join our Jozi jungle.
REPORTING TO THE CREATIVE DIRECTOR, THIS PERSON WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Insightful, original ideas; originating and conceptualising creative concepts in addition to leading design thinking within the team.
- Leading a team to deliver, presenting and motivating solutions to clients.
- Driving the creative process and directing quality outputs to connect customers and brands with meaningful and exciting new experiences.
- Ideation and conceptualisation; brainstorming breakthrough ideas with clear strategy and intent.
- Formulate and agree on briefs with all parties to manage creative deliverables.
- Coordinate formal reviews of work produced by creatives in preparation for review at a senior level.
- Champion the Gorilla Awesome agenda, awards, training, strategy, innovation and craft proactive work.
- Lead the creative culture positively with constructive influence internally.
- Stay aware of all work flowing through the company, multitask and understand different projects are at different points, each requiring unique input.
- Provide a well-thought-through solution and communicate this to clients and internal teams
- Ensure that the highest creative and design standards are met and transferred to others.
- Be the brands’ custodian, develop and maintain design guidelines and consistent CI standards.
- Accountability for up-skilling and for the output of the creatives in your team.
- Planning of projects; defining production requirements, implementing ‘best approach’ and scoping timings.
- Mentoring the creative team, with a key focus on developing juniors.
- Drive creative innovation in the contribution of pitches and proactive projects.
- At least five years’ experience in art directing capacity.
- A portfolio of work that is easily accessible.
- Design related degree/diploma.
- Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, at a minimum.
- The ability to work independently.
- Deadline and task-driven.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player.
Send an email with the subject “I’m Your Art Director” to email@example.com. Include your CV and Portfolio.
We’ll get in touch if we need more info or want to set up an interview.