We are in search of a copywriter with at least three to five years of agency experience and a proven track record. Our ideal candidate is a creative team player who knows how to voice their constructive opinion and they have a keen appetite for insightful ideas along with an insatiable curiosity about, well, everything. We’re big on asking ‘why?’ here.
Working across 3 multi-disciplined teams covering all brands, your purpose will be to ideate and execute, interpret briefs intelligently, generate copy ideas across channels, and execute them with clarity to internal and external audiences.
A heads up: you’re gonna be accountable for some stuff. We expect you to handle responsibility and deliver.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Interpret account briefs and compose a variety of striking written content TTL.
- Producing original, clear and credible ideas/campaign messaging/TV/video/radio scripts/presentations.
- Providing well-thought-through solutions and communicating these internally, challenging the status quo.
- Participating in brainstorms and ideation activities to conceptualise campaigns and get the best possible work out of the team involved.
- Developing clear communication directions and bringing creative concepts to life through copy.
- Considering the use of mediums/channels to improve executions by offering added value.
- Clearly articulate concepts and written work.
- Offering creative innovation in the contribution of pitches and proactive projects.
- Monitoring campaign effectiveness, updating and amending campaigns according to feedback.
- Feeding back insights to relevant parties.
- Quality checking all copy deliverables and ensuring the highest creative standards are met.
- Developing and maintaining brand copy standards, offering direction to junior staff.
- Troubleshooting and interpreting communication solutions based on review and feedback from seniors.
- A degree or diploma in copywriting or similar
- At least three to five years’ experience in a copywriting role
- Proficiency in the Google Suite, MacOSX and copy based software
- Creativity, and the ability to produce innovative and original ideas
- Excellent communication skills to successfully communicate and coordinate with creatives
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with creative and digital processes and techniques
- Good proofreading and presentation skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to deliver on tasks proactively
Gorilla is an award-winning creative digital agency with offices in Johannesburg and Durban. Our mission is to put work out into the world that makes our clients and their customers say “That’s f*cking awesome!” Success in our mission demands a diverse group of creatives who are talented, collaborative, insightful, accountable and pretty awesome themselves.
Are you the copywriter we’re looking for?