We’re ignoring the stereotype that designers don’t read because doing this role-spec in emojis is WAY too hard.
We are looking for a Middleweight Graphic Designer to join our box of crayons. This position would suit a digital artist who is long on ambition but short on experience to join our growing creative team. A visual virtuoso to turn briefs into breath-taking bits of bytes.
If you’re not creating awesome design for our clients you’ll be brainstorming the crap out of a brief and coming up with pitches that will blow minds and turn heads. That’s right, you’ll be part of the process from concept to final product.
Reporting to an Art Director, you will be responsible for creating awesome designs and concepts with a kick-ass team of highly skilled design ninjas.
Responsibilities will include
Creating monthly content and campaign work with the ability to take a design from start to finish and to create or use an existing brand ID/key visual and roll it out.
Creating conceptual work from a campaign to a proactive Facebook post.
Participating in brainstorming sessions and making meaningful, constructive contributions.
Skills and attributes required
• 2-5 years in a reputable design/advertising agency.
• A design-related degree or diploma, unless you’re a self-taught genius.
• Thorough knowledge of the full Adobe design suite, with emphasis on expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
• Adobe Flash, web development, HTML coding, video editing, animation, sound editing and mad barista skills are all bonus abilities that will make us stoked.
• Cool, Calm and Collected – Deadlines don’t phase you and the impossible is just another Tuesday morning walk in the park.
• Driven – Task driven with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Dedicated – Must be prepared to work overtime when required (but you’re so organised this won’t ever happen, right?).
• Team Player – Type of person who steps in and gets involved when they need to help out a team mate, must be willing to work as part of a team and be open to new approaches.
• Passionate – This isn’t a job, it’s a career. We need someone looking to leave their mark on the world and ready to carve a place for themselves in our agency as we grow.
• Natural Born Communicator – Able to get an idea across no matter the medium, no matter the audience. Whether it’s briefing, explaining or reporting on the work, people understand you and what you’re saying.
• Proactive – Always on the lookout for something new. Willing to step beyond the confines of what we’re doing and look at what we’re going to do.
So, enough reading. time for action! Send your CV and portfolio to IWannaWork@gorillacreativemedia.com.
If we don’t get back to you after you mail us, sorry, you can assume you have not been considered for the role. Preference will be given to EE candidates.
Tuesday, 5th of December 2017.